Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The First Potatoes

This time of year it's fun to create dinners around the garden's bounty.

I dug up my first potatoes on Sunday.  I'd planted these from some I had leftover from last year's crop.  They're just a russet-like potato.  I don't recall their exact type but it was nice to get over 2 lbs from just one plant.  

Then the question was, how would I use them for dinner.  I already had some of my brother's grass-fed beef thawed out.  Hmm... what could I do with potatoes and ground beef?  Well, I always take those type of questions to allrecipes.com.  I love their ingredients search. You just enter the ingredients that you want to use and they give you recipes with these ingredients.  Among other things, my search came up with Mexican Potato Nachos.  How could you go wrong?

While I didn't follow the recipe precisely, it gave me the inspiration to create this variation. It was delicious!
This time the cilantro and potatoes were from the garden but I look forward to making this again in a few weeks, with our tomatoes, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment